Thank you for choosing to travel with us.
As you are preparing for your cruise, we ask that you don’t forget to pack your patience. As businesses are navigating the very fluid details of operating, policies can and will change, sometimes with little or no notice. You will have a more enjoyable experience if you are willing to maintain flexibility and patience while traveling this season.
If you are not vaccinated, we strongly encourage you to do so, however, at this time the Riverboat Twilight does not ask for proof of vaccination. The CDC recommends you wear a mask indoors whether or not you are vaccinated, however, we are not currently under any State or Federal Mask mandates. Thankfully the Twilight offers ample indoor and outdoor seating on all three decks and plenty of fresh air. While the Twilight is not currently under any capacity restrictions, we have chosen to operate at 80% capacity or lower on most cruises. If you are not yet comfortable in a setting with other un-masked individuals we will gladly reschedule you to a later date.
Please be prepared to have a mask with you in the event any on-shore locations require them. We will continue to maintain our increased sanitization efforts of the TWILIGHT and our boarding facilities, and we continue to provide hand sanitizer aboard the boat and employ a strong air purifier that uses UVC lighting that has been proven to destroy viruses and other bacteria.
For the safety of our passengers and crew and to maintain proper cleanliness, we have implemented the following guidelines for parents of children under the age of 14. While onboard the vessel and when making use of our food and beverages services, children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. With your cooperation and understanding, we will be able to continue to offer a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
A Promise from the Pilot House
At this time of crisis, concern and confusion, panic serves no purpose. As we face an unprecedented challenge for the tourism industry – and the world – due to the coronavirus, Captain Kevin and I want to send our heartfelt solidarity to everyone.
We are continually communicating and listening to our industry leaders and health experts and will continue to implement changes to do our part to reduce the spread of the virus and protect our customers, employees and the entire Twilight community.
If you have already booked a cruise with us, or are thinking about booking, here are important facts regarding the Riverboat Twilight experience, and how we are very different from mega cruise ships.
• The Twilight’s maximum capacity is 140 passengers.
• Our signature two-day cruise does not involve overnight accommodations aboard the boat, eliminating any issue of not being allowed to disembark.
• There is plenty of indoor and outdoor space on all three decks.
• Meals are plated and served at tables – no buffet lines.
We are continuing to monitor the ever-changing details regarding the Covid-19 virus, and will make further determinations as needed based on the situation.
The travel industry is a resilient and collaborative force that impacts the entire world. We are truly all in this together, and together, we will get through it.
Stay safe, be well and thank you for your continued support!
Covid 19 & Our 2021 Cruise Schedule
The Riverboat Twilight stresses to all members of our community, including those who are traveling to our area to follow standard precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus. Those precautions include:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60-95% alcohol when water and soap is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick and go see your doctor if you develop symptoms.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that have been touched such as counters, doorknobs, toilets, phones, etc.)
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue, immediately dispose of the tissue and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
This cruise season we have implemented an enhanced cleaning process. While the cleaning process of our boarding facility and vessel has always been robust, we have taken steps to invest in recommended disinfectants and will continue to evaluate our cleaning procedures.
- Frequently touched surfaces on our boarding facility, vessel and offices such as door knobs, handles, ticket counters, and hand rails will be wiped down with disinfectant on a recurrent basis. We are reinforcing training procedures to ensure cleaning processes are conducted properly by our employees.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our ticket window and numerous places aboard the vessel for passengers and employees to utilize.
- The Riverboat Twilight requests passengers and employees to respect and adhere to social distancing while in our facilities, standing in line to board and on board our vessels.
- CDC recommendations regarding the wearing of Facemasks can be found here. We advise you to bring a mask with you when visiting LeClaire as many of the stores require them. Mask wearing is recommended when sitting on the inside decks of the boat, however, it is not a requirement at this time.
- If any Riverboat Twilight customer experiences flu-like symptoms when they are scheduled to be on a cruise, we please ask you to contact us. We will be happy to reschedule your cruise to any time in the future with no rescheduling fee. All you have to do is contact our office at 800-331-1467 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not feeling well or have been identified as “particularly at risk” for contracting the Coronavirus or other communicable illness, we ask that you join us another time.
For more information:
CDC’s Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
For the safety of our passengers and crew and to maintain proper cleanliness during the current pandemic, we have implemented the following guidelines for parents of children under the age of 12.
- While onboard the vessel, children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Parents must maintain proper distance between their children and other passengers.
- While making use of our food and beverage services, children must be accompanied by a parent.
- Parents must keep their children from excessive and unnecessary touching of surfaces.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Riverboat Twilight understands our customer concerns and are diligently working to accommodate changes or cancellations to existing 2021 cruise reservations during this pandemic.
‘Wait and See’ is our current policy. This situation remains very fluid and your cruise date may not be impacted.
However, should you wish to cancel your cruise reservation, we will be offering a 100% credit for your cruise purchase with no expiration date. We will also allow Gift Certificates to be transferred to another party or used on another similar trip in the future.